win32com and makepy

Sean Laurent slaurent at sonicfoundry.com
Mon Feb 26 13:32:18 EST 2001

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:58:33 GMT, Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com>
wrote:

>This is the crux of the whole problem.  The object implements GetTypeInfo, but just fails
>to provide it.  If this was available, then win32com would be able to find the CLSID of the
>object, and get the makepy generated class.
>
>> Any thoughts?  Am I beating a dead horse?
>
>Pretty much I fear - at least until MS upgrade their interfaces.

D'oh!  As a developer, why do I I always find myself boxed into some
corner or forced to come up with workarounds just because Micro$oft
doesn't do something correctly?  *ugh*

Well, your kludge (described in an earlier message) is very beneficial
and solves the problem.  I greatly appreciate the help!