Problems using Grail.

hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 04:22:46 EST 2001

Joonas Paalasmaa <joonas at o...> wrote:

> When I tried to start Grail by typing "python grail-0.6\grail.py"
> Python gave the following error message.

>   File "C:\Python16\grail-0.6\Stylesheet.py", line 45, in load
>     massaged.append((g, c), v % fparms_dict)
> TypeError: append requires exactly 1 argument; 2 given

The append() call is officially meant to take one argument, but in
versions of Python before 1.6, multiple arguments would be understood
as comprising a tuple. However this behaviour was never officially
documented or approved, and was dropped in Python 1.6 to bring the
actual behaviour in line with the official documentation. This line
of code will therefore need to be modified to use an explicit tuple
in the append argument:

    massaged.append(((g, c), v % fparms_dict))

Hamish Lawson