Python emacs mode (newbie)

Kai Großjohann Kai.Grossjohann at CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE
Sat Feb 17 11:53:08 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Syver Enstad wrote:

> You mean to open modules by parsing import statements in a file?
> Ex.
> module.py
>
> import sys
> import MyClass
>
> ......  And then you could place the cursor over let's say MyClass
> and press some key combination to load the py file for the
> module. Is that what you mean?
>
> This would be cool as an added bonus, but it's the find-file like
> functionality that is crucial.

Oh, I'm sorry.  With M-x find-file-at-point RET, you could type it on
the `import MyClass' statement above and then you'll get a default
filename prompt of /some/path/here/MyClass.py.

But ffap.el does not provide for a facility where you can enter a
module name and then it opens the right file.

Hm.

But it would be trivial to do: C-x b foo RET, M-x python-mode RET,
type in the module name, type M-x find-file-at-point RET, voilà!

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.