It's hard to find documentation

John Hunter jdhunter at nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Dec 8 17:38:49 EST 2001

    Bruce> So let's try to find "Extending and Embedding the Python
    Bruce> Interpreter". Using 'search,' using 'advanced search,'
    Bruce> nothing comes up with that title. Maybe it doesn't
    Bruce> exist. Who knows. I have this struggle a lot when hunting
    Bruce> for python information.

I use the python info from within emacs, but any other info capable
reader would so fine.  Search (type 'syour search term') works great,
and Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter is a top level menu
item. You even have regex search capabilities by default, but honest I
almost never use them since simple keyword searches are usually what
you are looking for in documentation.

Word of warning, the info build is broken in the src build as of 2.1
(last time I tried).  But you can grab info the tarball at

  ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/doc/2.1.1/

If you use emacs as your IDE, info is the way to go in my opinion.
Otherwise, there may be a better solution under MS, which I gather you
use from your previous posts.

John Hunter