UML/XMI et al

Harry George hgg9140 at seanet.com
Sat Dec 29 20:13:45 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> Harry George <hgg9140 at seanet.com> writes:
>
> > I'm working with several CASE tools, some of which have XMI
> > interfaces.  I want to drive code in and out of them (and generate SQL
> > code for several DBMS's) using python.  Anyone working in this area?
>
> Yes, I've been looking into XMI at one time. People also use XSLT to
> process XMI.
>
> > I have already done a generator for UML/XMI DTD --> python classes, and
> > MySQL and PostgreSQL SQL code generators.
>
> Sounds interesting. Are you going to publish that code? Does that use
> a custom mapping, or a general one?

I've just put the "pycase" package on:
  http://www.seanet.com/~hgg9140/comp/index.html

This is more like working notes than a finished product.  Only the
postgres binding is in this bundle.

The mappings are generic in the sense that a) the UML/XMI can be
regenerated whenever the DTD changes b) pg2py determines the DBMS's
table definitons by itself.

--
Harry George
hgg9140 at seanet.com