REPOST: Re: OT: Gender-based security? (was Re: Fate of win32all?)

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Sat Dec 29 14:53:46 EST 2001

On 29 Dec 2001 10:15:14 -0800, aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <a0l17i$gha$1 at panix3.panix.com>:

> [BTW, Bruce, could you please make sure to attribute quotes?  Makes
> threads a lot easier to follow.]
>
> In article <mailman.1009647097.3938.python-list at python.org>,
> Bruce Eckel <Bruce at EckelObjects.com> wrote:
> >Mark Hammond:
> >>
> >>Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread - I really appreciate the
> >>supportive words.  I am very sure I will land on my feet, so there is no
> >>need to worry (now if someone would just tell that to my girlfriend :)
> >
> >Women are wired different -- they look to security first.
>
> Nope.  Perhaps you need to be introduced to some of the women I know.
> Of course, they *do* tend to prefer Perl....

I did want to say something about that. Well, it doesn't apply to me too
strongly.

I'm the kind of person who changed my major as an undergrad, based on
enjoying what I was studying rather than having a career to go to when I
finished. (I figured...*something* would turn up.)

Just this past year, I quit my job of 18 years, to go to something where my
income is not guaranteed in order to enjoy my life more.

Heck, maybe I'm a man in a woman's body????

Well, my husband does have the better paying job of the two of us, so maybe
that gives me some freedom. And he is very supportive of me.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======: