pyrepl-0.6

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Dec 6 10:20:53 EST 2001

cmkleffner at gmx.de (cmkl) writes:

> Really cool,
>
> during development I'm able to put several lines with
>
>  pyrepl.python_reader.ReaderConsole(vars(), 0, None).interact()
>
> within the code, even inside functions!
>
> All I need is 'import pyrepl.python_reader' at the beginnig of
> the module. Now I can estimate the state of the programm interactivly
> within the scope of the function - break pyrepl with CTRL<D> - proceed
> with the script and take a break at the next line with pyrepl....
>
> Some kind of debugging with hardcoded breakpoints or
> 'debbuging for dummies'. This is the thing I was looking for!

Heh, that is quite a neat idea.  Certainly one that hadn't occurred to
me.

BTW, pyrepl can integrate itself somewhat into pdb (see pyrepl.py for
details), but it's not that thorough yet.

Cheers,
M.

--
  same software, different verbosity settings (this one goes to
  eleven)                             -- the effbot on the martellibot