Distutils question

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 08:39:32 EST 2001

Steve Holden wrote:

> Erm, Fernando means, of course, "...bug those folks a bit". At least, I hope
> he does. Otherwise see the recent post under "Huge dicts..."

thanks for the correction. You know, us foreigners...

Anyway, I looked up the 'huge dict' posts and didn't see anything distutils
related. What did you have in mind?

btw, the recent postings to the distutils mailing list seem to point to
improvements, and the current docs (on the web, not the ones from python 2.1)
are indeed better. So I might wait out for 2.2 to come out before complaining
too loudly.

I really hope distutils fully matures, it seems very nice but yesterday
trying to do things outside of the very narrowly defined options of stetup()
felt like a huge PITA. Maybe I'm just dumb.

cheers,

f.