Thinking in Python Revision 0.1 Available for Download

Bruce Eckel Bruce at EckelObjects.com
Tue Dec 25 22:46:21 EST 2001

Just under the wire, I've manage to post the first early alpha
version (0.1) of "Thinking in Python." You can go to the page that
connects you to the download here:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython

Please note:
1) This is not an introductory book. I couldn't bring myself to
write yet another introductory language tutorial, and there are
already plenty of good ones out there. This is "Design Patterns in
Python," so I can use any language features or advanced techniques
that I want, without apology (hooray!).

2) This is an early translation of "Thinking in Patterns," so parts
of it have not yet been translated. I've tried to mark those
chapters, but please be patient.

The source code is in the download package. When you unzip
everything (remember to use the -a flag with unzip if you're on
Unix), the code will be put into subdirectories for each chapter.

In addition, this book debuts my new 'BackTalk' comment collection
system that I built in Zope.

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming at earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar