COM servers from within a Python service (on Win2k)

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org
Tue Dec 4 22:21:27 EST 2001

I've searched Google, and haven't found any answers to this...

Is it possible for a Python service to also be a COM server?  The
obvious reason to do this would be to control the service via the COM
interface.

The only answers that I've found have been along the lines of "Get the
service to create seperate COM server when it starts, and use a named
pipe to have the COM server communicate with the service", which is
rather hacky.  I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to just have the
COM server in the pythonservice.exe process.

Can anyone show me how to make this work?

Regards,

-Andrew.