values of sys.platform? for a serial port lib

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sun Dec 30 07:40:23 EST 2001

woodsplitter at rocketmail.com (stalin) wrote in
news:7876a8ea.0112292200.593d01e8 at posting.google.com:
> Chris Liechti <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:<Xns9186DE5C2F6CDcliechtigmxnet at 62.2.16.82>...
>> i've written a portable serial port library. it runs now on linux and
>> win32
>
> Are you aware of Isaac Barona's Universal Serial Port Python Library?
> http://balder.prohosting.com/ibarona/en/python/uspp/uspp_en.html
>
> How do the design goals of your library differ from USPP?  How do you
> intend to license it?  USPP uses the IMHO restrictive GPL.
>
> Disclaimer:  I've never used USPP.

im'aware of that library but it has some drawbacks for me:
1. initialization of binary mode is not correct on posix
2. i must be able to select parity e.g. 9600,8,E,1
3. i need the control lines RTS/DTR, which are not yet implemented
4. licence. it may be used in a proprietary product so i can't use GPL

mine is under the python licence.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>