How 2 invoke python 2 read from text file under W2k

Tom Karas Tom.Karas at htp-tel.de
Sun Dec 16 17:30:13 EST 2001

"Hernan M. Foffani" wrote:

> Define a function and call it later. like:
>
> def cooked_or_raw():
>     temperature = input("What is the temperature of the spam?")
>     if temperature > 50:
>         print "The salad is properly cooked."
>     else:
>         print "Cook the salad some more."
>
> cooked_or_raw()

I did so in the shell and recived the error message:

	"File "<stdin>", line XX
	  cooked_and_raw()
	               ^
	SyntaxError: invalid syntax"
What do i have to do do end my code inserting and to lance a normal
call command like cooked_or_raw() ?

I started to play arround with the code from the installed
"sliderdemo.py" and i can generate a window and can add a button.
But the code is to complex to understand fully. May be there is a more
educational version of the sliderdemo.py - so that one can start with a
full working example and learn the elements step by step.

Thanks for your help.
cu
best regards
tom karas