"XXX undetected error" in python_d.exe

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 16:43:29 EST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:59:10 GMT, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>Courageous wrote:
>
>> How am I supposed to interpret this error when it is printed
>> by the Python interpreter?
>

>It generally means that someone has previously set an exception and not
>cleared or propagated it.

Okay. Explain this:

    if (!TaskInstance_Check(arg3))
    {
        sprintf(msg,
            "Third argument to task constructor must be a valid task,\n"
            "found a \"%s\" instead.", arg3->ob_type->tp_name
            );
        PyErr_SetString(PyExc_ValueError, msg);
        return NULL;
    }

This error occurs and properly returns NULL. An exception gets
delivered to the executable, but the "XXX undeteced error" message
still comes up.

Everything else seems normal. I was under the impression that it
was acceptible to set up a Python error in this particular fashion.

No?

C//