Access input line on NameError?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 3 06:21:12 EST 2001

gb at cs.unc.edu writes:

> Can I get access to the offending text line of the input when I take a
> NameError exception? I see that it is available on a SyntaxError but I
> can't seem to find it on a NameError.

I think you can use the traceback module to do this.  Or if you like
getting your hands dirty, use sys.exc_info() and grub around with
frame and code objects yourself.

Cheers,
M.

--
  One of the great skills in using any language is knowing what not
  to use, what not to say.  ... There's that simplicity thing again.