lost interest?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Dec 21 11:28:23 EST 2001

Suchandra Thapa wrote:
> Yes, I noticed Andrew's message to distutils-sig about not being able
> to maintain distutils anymore.  However, I think that distutils is mature
> enough that it could get by with the occasional patch.

a "dummies guide to the distutils internals" wouldn't hurt, either.

every time I've tried to write a setup script for PIL, I've had to
give up after an hour or so.  how do you tell the damn thing to
find your Python LIB files, if they're not where it expects them
to be (wherever that is)?  how do you tell it to leave the output
files in the current directory, so your test framework still works?
how to you tell it to use the right compiler?  etc.

</F>