Deprecate tabs for indenting (was Re: Indenting with tabs vs spaces)

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Tue Dec 4 10:33:27 EST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:28:53 -0800, Peoter Veliki <peoter_veliki at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Anything you want to line up must be at the same indent level.  In the
> example below, however many tabs the first line has in front of it, each of
> the other lines below must also have the same number of tabs and the use
> spaces to finishing lining everything up.  If you do this it will line up on
> any editor.

    Uhhhh, no.  I have my tabs set to 4, you have yours set to 8.  There are
three tabs and two spaces before each line.  In my editor that is 15 spaces.
Yours it will be 24.  I would love to see your proof that 15=24, even for
large values of 15.

    To email: Don't despair!   |  -- Lenny Nero, Strange Days