strict python?

Brian Sturk bsturk at news.rcn.com
Fri Dec 7 00:45:02 EST 2001

Can python be more strict about declarations?  I didn't see a flag to
the interpreter, and haven't seen anything yet in my book or on
www.python.org.  I ask because I got burned by something
like this:

def func ( self ):
     print hello

def call_func( self ):
     self.func      <--- no parentheses

my script that had code like this ran fine, but
didn't call the function.  I would have thought that
this would have been an error since there was no
assignment of any kind.

It took me a little for me to figure it out in my real
script.  It'd be nice to have this stuff pointed out
while parsing it.  Is it possible?

thanks

--
|--------------------------|  bsturk at nh.ultranet.com   | Java | (  _ _)/ /-." ~