Is c or c ++ my language for this task... Or is it Python?

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 10 17:50:50 EST 2001

>What language *does* offer what I require?  Where is its ng?

_Languages_ often don't offer services at all. Rather, people
write the service and happen to have it implemented in a
particular language. What you're looking for is a service
and/or library which happens to be implemented in the language
you are interested in.

Some newsgroups are more general purpose than others. Because
of the sheer numbers of people who know C++, the comp.lang.c++
newsgroups is topical strictly speaking to the language itself
and the language only. It's syntax, grammar, and its official
standard library are the only things that they discuss.

C//