Another distutils question

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 07:27:28 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis wrote:

> Fernando =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?= <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> For the distutils gurus out there: how can I specify a hierarchy of nested
>> directories to be copied somewhere?
>
> For PyXML, we use an enhanced install_data command, that supports
> manifest-style file lists. You can find it in the PyXML CVS, under
> xml/setupext.
>
> HTH,
> Martin

Thanks Martin. I actually have PyXML and did see the setupext/ stuff, I just
didn't want to add yet another extraneous module to my package. I'm trying to
stick to the standard tools when possible, and my case was simple enough that
an ugly kludge allowed me to make it work (but *really* ugly).

I did like a lot the enhanced install though. It seems like the kind of
functionality that's badly needed in distutils. Any chance of that making it
into the standard for new releases?

cheers,