Huge Dicts and perfomance

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Dec 21 10:50:52 EST 2001

In article <mailman.1008865945.12538.python-list at python.org>,
Lucio Torre  <lucio at movilogic.com> wrote:

>the main problem of course is that doing it this way, performance
>sucks.  I took me nothing to code it, but it takes to much to run (more
>than coding). So, any ideas on how to achieve my goal in a better
>(faster) way?

If I had to guess, the problem more likely comes from your choice of
algorithms rather than dict performance per se (unless you have hundreds
of thousands of nodes).  You may want to consult a textbook on data
structures and algorithms.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

Tenth Virtual Anniversary: 10 days and counting