a long shot -> sending output to a browser question

Dan Allen bigredlinux at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 16:16:04 EST 2001

This may be far out, but something I have always wondered because I
thought I once saw a page do this and couldn't figure out how.  Is it
possible to trick the browser into thinking the whole page has been
sent and begin to display data on the page, and then send more.  If
you are wondering where I got this crazy idea, it was with the
NuSphere installation, which seemed to load the page over a period of
time.  The reason I ask here, is because they wrote it in perl (and I
didn't see any javascript on the page), and I figured it must have
been something they were doing with output buffering or something and
perhaps python had the same thing.

Dan