Wrap C function which takes variable lengthed parameters?

{-- Rot13 - Hateme ungrzr2 at ubatxbat.pbz
Fri Dec 14 03:52:04 EST 2001

"{-- Rot13 - Hateme" <ungrzr2 at ubatxbat.pbz> wrote in
news:Xns9177A9C5E8F6AYouAreNotMeYouKnow at 218.102.23.34:

> Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> wrote in
> news:1gbj1u8pm1t63ao6bjq98jlh66glf78fnu at 4ax.com:

> char *IMGetIMValues(XIMS ims,...)
> char *IMSetIMValues(XIMS ims,...)
>
> ims          specifies the input method service.
> ...          specifies the variable length argument list to set
>           IMValues.

> I was thinking to pass a dictionary to the wrapper function
> and the wrapper function will call IMSetIMValues() accordingly.
> Since I cannot construct a va_list at the runtime, I don't
> know how to call the IMSetIMValues().

oh, I think I can change the C source to take single va_list
arguement instead of a list of variable length arguements.
But still I have no idea how to construct a list of arguements
passed in from python. There are no standard function
calls to create a va_list by handle.