age of new pythonistas [was: The Editor Poll results are in!]

Wojtek Walczak gminick at hacker.pl
Thu Dec 20 12:34:24 EST 2001

** Since micro$oft is stupid it doesn't mean
** that you should be stupid too - do NOT toppost!!!
Dnia 14 Dec 2001 07:14:25 -0800, Stephen Ferg napisał(a):
>My  pre-Python programming experience: PL/I, Cobol, Visual Basic,
>PowerBuilder, and REXX.  IBM MVS, DOS, Windows, no Unix.
Me: C, Perl on Linux.
I've also touched C++, Lisp, Haskell, PHP, ADA, but
only for a while, when I was looking for something
to learn after C and Perl. I've chosen Python :>

>It looks like many new Pythonistas are older, rather than younger.
I'm breaking that rule, since I'm 17 :)
I'm programming in Python for about a year,
but at first it was only a short meeting,
only since Python 2.1c2 it's love :>

>When you are younger, your whole universe consists of the language
>that you learned first -- it takes a while to learn that the universe
>contains many, many languages to choose from.
Not if you are able to read opinions of people
with skills better than yours.
On one of the polish news groups Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
was often recommending Python.
I trusted in his rights and now I'm here ;)

--
[ Wojtek gminick Walczak ][ http://hacker.pl/gminick/ ]
[ gminick (at) hacker.pl ][ gminick (at) klub.chip.pl ]