strict python?

Berthold Höllmann bhoel at web.de
Fri Dec 7 13:43:13 EST 2001

Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Erik Max Francis wrote:
>
> > Fernando Pérez wrote:
> >
> >> I honestly don't see any reason for something like that not to be
> >> included in python (other than perhaps 'if perl has it it can't be
> >> good' :)
> >
> > Agreed.  For the record, I wasn't suggesting something mandatory.
>
> Certainly not. In perl, it's the -w switch, in gcc the -W family
> (with -Wall the max). And that's as it should be, an option (sort of
> a builtin pychecker).

Just for the record: -Wall isn't the max for gcc. There are more
warnings, not covered by the -Wall option as

-Wfloat-equal: Warn if floating point values are used in equality
            comparisons.

and several more

Greetings

Berthold
--
bhoel at web.de / http://starship.python.net/crew/bhoel/
        It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads