How 2 invoke python 2 read from text file under W2k

Tom Karas Tom.Karas at htp-tel.de
Sun Dec 16 10:38:11 EST 2001

David Lees wrote:
> You might find it easier to use an IDE for writing code, such as
> PythonWin.  I like PythonWin, but that is personal preference.

Hello folks,

Thanks for your help David. It worked quite from the beginning - help at
its best. But unfortunatley i still have some problems:

I tried to compile the following code:

	temperature = input("What is the temperature of the spam?")
	if temperature > 50:
	   print "The salad is properly cooked."
	else:
	   print "Cook the salad some more."

After Hitting the "run" button the script started with a little "popup"
window to insert the temperature - but after inserting the temperature i
got the error code: returned exit code 0

A search at groups.google.com for the error gave the following result:

	"The script contains only definitions, but there's no
	function-call.
	So you have to import the module ("import dlgtest") and then call
	one of the defined functions, maybe "dlgtest.demo()" or something
	like that (you have to look in the source)."

This answer may be sufficient for some one with more programming skills
than me - but i do not what to do but to wild guessing and inserting
"import dlgtest" here an there in my source.

Could you or any one give me some hints of this modules (link would be
cool ) and / or change my little script so that i will run ?

Thanks again for all your help.

Best regards
Tom Karas