Import random

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Dec 12 09:13:07 EST 2001

"Daniel Pote" <daniel.pote at xms.se> writes:

> >>>> from math import exp, sqrt
> >>>> 4 * exp(-0.5)/sqrt(2.0)
> >
> Result is: 0.0

Congratulations, you have a seriously broken installation.  Did you
compile it yourself?  Which compiler did you use?  I believe python
2.2 will work better on HP-UX than any previous release, so you may
want to wait a few weeks for that to be released.

Or you could try compiling floatobject.c without optimizations; that
seems to help sometimes (but not on HP-UX, I thought).

Cheers,
M.

--
  I'm okay with intellegent buildings, I'm okay with non-sentient
  buildings. I have serious reservations about stupid buildings.