DOS, Socket support?

Brian Geddes brian.j.geddes at intel.com
Tue Dec 4 13:47:37 EST 2001

All -

I'm searching for a version of Python (1.5.2 or newer, preferably) compiled
for DOS, that has includes support for TCP/IP sockets (socket.py).  After a
bit of searching on the web I'm almost convinced that such a version does
not exist, but I thought I'd check here before I gave up my search, as
you've all been quite helpful in the past.  :)

I have found Python 1.5.2 compiled for DOS, but it was the executable only.
I don't know the internals of socketmodule.c, but does anyone have an idea
how difficult it would be to modify and recompile it for DOS?

Thanks,
- Brian Geddes