pyexpat and unicode

mallum breakfast at 10.am
Tue Dec 18 11:22:33 EST 2001

A friend with an international setup tried my test script ( with this
fix ) with an actual accented char ( rather than the escape code ) and
_still_ got the ascii not in ordinal range error from expats Parse
call. Also Im still getting encoding errors in the script Im using
this for, which involves reading xml from a network stream.

Can anyone confirm that expat will parse utf8 encoded text ?

  -- mallum