Games Made w/ Python

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Dec 13 10:48:01 EST 2001

On Thursday 13 December 2001 03:10 pm, nobody at nowhere wrote:

> Is Python an appropriate language for game programming?
>
> TIA.

http://bttotalcontrol.sf.net/

A little history, I've tried C++, I've tried perl, but I was only able to
make progress with Python. The C++ and perl code eventually turned into a
maintenance nightmare. Not to mention it was impossible to tweak. With
Python, everything seems to runs smooth.

Also, Python is so quick to run up and get working, I was able to replace
important, complicated parts in a jiffy with experimental code. For instance,
the 3D engine has been through extensive modifications. I think I have 6 or 7
different versions lying around on the cutting floor, and I am working on
version 8 or 9. I have lost count.

I plan to write some C or C++ code eventually, but only after the python code
stabilizes and I am happy with what I see.

Jonathan