Deprecate tabs for indenting (was Re: Indenting with tabs vs spaces)

Erik de Castro Lopo nospam at mega-nerd.com
Mon Dec 3 15:44:53 EST 2001

Courageous wrote:

> >Perhaps you might want to put some kind of processing step into your
> >revision control procedures or tools. I think I raised this issue
> >before on comp.lang.python but some people think it's more interesting
> >to get religious about tabs vs. spaces instead.
>
> I've considered that on many occasions; one such step might be to
> simply REJECT a commit of a .py file with tabs in it.

How about a counter proposal?

Reject all .py files with spaces for indentation.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"... the industrial-capitalist mode of software production
was doomed to be outcompeted from the moment capitalism
began to create enough of a wealth surplus for many
programmers to live in a post-scarcity gift culture."
-- Eric S. Raymond