vi or emacs for editing Python on Linux?

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Dec 21 22:32:17 EST 2001

In article <slrna27sdn.5ek.grey at teleute.dmiyu.org>,
Steve Lamb  <morpheus at here.not.there> wrote:

>    Now, vi is completely different than the WS keyset is.

Actually, I like vi precisely because it reminds me of WS (yes, I started
with WS on CP/M 2.2), despite having a different layout.  Like WS, but
unlike emacs, the basic cursor control is built on the physical layout of
the keyboard rather than a logical mapping of function name.

PS: I don't remember you being on Netcom.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

Tenth Virtual Anniversary: 10 days and counting