Python, PyQT and QSpinBox

Yngve F. Johansen yfjohans at NOSPAMTHANKYOUMAM-siving.hia.no
Sat Dec 1 18:02:37 EST 2001

Hello

I'm rather new to Python, and to GUI programming as well. I've been fooling
around with the QT toolkit, and find it extremely easy and intuitive to work
with, short of one thing I can't figure out:

I use a QSpinBox in my dialog, and it works, kind of. The problem is when I
enter text rather than use the Up/Down buttons. The text isn't
updated/converted
to an integer-value automatically, but if I move the mouse-pointer over the
widget buttons it gets converted.

Is there a way to change this behavior? I've tried to subclass the QSpinBox
and
write my own functions, but it didn't help a whole lot.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sincerly,
Yngve