I would like Python book recommendations.

Kevin Schaefer kevin at ctechservices.com
Fri Dec 14 23:14:33 EST 2001

I have read the book "Quick Python".  I have also been quite a few
small sample exercises from various on-line books such as "How to
Think like a Computer Scientist Python Edition" and a few others.
What I would really like to see is a real application that uses
various aspects of the language.  It would be nice to see something
that has been built up gradually and builds on many lessons.  Also of
interest would be Windows development using something like wxPython.
I work as a network consultant and engineer so I don't get very many
hours to practice python so the few that I do have need to be spent
very effectively seeing what I can actually build with this very
interesting language.  If you have suggestions of books that you have
read, especially ones that build a significant project preferably in
Windows please post here or send me a direct e-mail.

Thank you very much for your advice in advance,

New Python Enthusiast
Kevin Schaefer