Date manipulation in Python

Andrew Brown killspam at darwinwars.com
Mon Dec 10 12:29:27 EST 2001

David Brady <daves_spam_dodging_account at yahoo.com> wrote in
<mailman.1008000726.11872.python-list at python.org>:

>Is there a good, Python way to do this?  ...of course
>there is.  It just may not be written yet.  If it is,
>would someone share?

The mxdatetime library is full of clever routines to do things with dates,
among them getting values for things like "Next Friday".

They are at http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html

To quote from the web site:
"The package provides three data structures for working with date and time
values. These are:

DateTime for referring to absolute date/time values,
DateTimeDelta for date/time spans and
RelativeDateTime for representing variable date/time spans (these are the
TABs of date/time calculation)"

I think that's what you wanted, in any case.