Client-side web scripting in Python?

Rolf rolffreimuth at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 13:37:35 EST 2001

I am considering writing a simple application in Python.  I am
evaluating the possibility of writing the GUI for the app as a static
HTML page that uses client-side script.

I installed ActiveState's Python 2.1 and I can successfully write
Python code on both the server and client sides, but I am having
trouble doing a few things.  Python does not seem to know about the
document object which is accessible from Javascript.  It seems
necessary to be able to use that document object in order to modify
the contents of the page.

Is there any way to do *pure* python client-side scripting?  Are there
any good resources with examples of how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Rolf