Update Oreilly books?

DeepBlue DeepBlue at DeepBlue.org
Mon Dec 17 09:04:29 EST 2001

Dan
I truly got no idea why everyone seems willing to criticize Programming
Python.  It is an excellent book.
If you have 2nd edition, you do not have to wait for another edition.
One book simply will not do it.
My plan is this:
Have Programming Python, then get the latest Python Essential Reference by
Beazley.
Now, if you need anything specilaized (Python and XML or Python and the Web
etc....) then get one.
The opinion that one book should have all there is to be about a language is
not only a myth but an insult to the language itself.
There are many books to be published soon, Holden's Python web programming,
another one on Python and XML etc......
My ture hope is that these forthcoming books will not reinvent the wheel by
starting a multi-chapter introduction on how to use Python.
DeepBleu