InterScan NT Alert

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Dec 2 11:14:21 EST 2001

[Daniel Berlin]

> On Sat, 1 Dec 2001 virus_catcher at oceanic.com wrote:

> > Receiver, AntiVirus Catcher has detected virus(es) in the e-mail
> > attachment.  The Sender has been notified.

> <RANT>
> </RANT>

I surely understand how you feel, and this is indeed annoying.

Yet, python-list should ideally not convey neither viruses nor spam.
Of course, this is more easily said than done.  But we have no choice,
as list administrators, to learn how to act with those phenomenon.

For email directly addressed to me, I manage with spam, and even with viruses
(not that I care much about viruses, but some of my friends use my setup,
and I filter viruses so they also do, as a service to them :-).  However,
I would expect mailing lists to do better filtering for their subscribers.