Difference between 'import' and 'from ... import'

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Mon Dec 3 18:02:45 EST 2001

As far as I know, the only thing that could have created an __init__.py file
is you. <wink> Doing a "from ... import" wouldn't. Just FYI. Perhaps you
copied one over? Or got it some other way? Frankly, I'm not sure why there
*isn't* one by default.

You're very welcome.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech.com - Your Source For Python Development Services

"Andy Todd" <andy47 at halfcooked.com> wrote in message
news:Xns916D6079FB498andytoddspamfreeyaho at 203.109.250.24...

[snip]