Do 2.2 and 2.1.1coexist well?

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Tue Dec 4 13:34:00 EST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:32:37 -0500, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com>
wrote:

>[...] In fact, Python on
>Windows normally never reads the registry for anything, not even for
>PYTHONPATH.  You can verify that by changing the PYTHONPATH in your
>registry, and then noting that sys.path doesn't change as a result.

Actually come to think of it I coulda sworn that various things
didn't work on "the new machine" until I added a DU directory to
PYTHONPATH in the registry. Checked just now - I delete that
directory from PYTHONPATH using regedit and the script says
it can't find whatever.py; I put the directory back and it
runs just fine. (Python 1.5.2; like you said, maybe the rules
are different.)

I imagine it's true nonetheless that the 2.x install is not
going to change the 1.5 registry entries, eh? (Not if I
back them up first, anyway...)

David C. Ullrich