Oracle Access

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Dec 16 21:01:36 EST 2001

Choco wrote:

> Right now, I've had better luck compiling cx_Oracle on a Digital Tru64
> database server, so I've been using that one for all my scripting.  It
> works for most things; not necessarily better than DCOracle2.

I initially had trouble building DCOracle, but I found that I had much
better success when using the Oracle shared library: libclntsh.so.

I'm not sure whether they're still doing the insane Oracle linking thing
(haven't used DCOracle in a while), but I was able to replace all of their
link arguments for the Oracle libraries with a simple
-L$ORACLE_HOME/lib -lclntsh
if I remember correcctly.

Since it's a shared library, DCOracle also has a smaller footprint with the
shared library.

Regards,
---Tom