Cygwin socket library status enquiry

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Dec 18 11:32:23 EST 2001

"Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
news:uitb4jypy.fsf at python.net...
> "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> writes:
[ ... ]
> > OK, I'll 'fess up: this was on Win 98. I'll be trying the same tricks on
NT
> > when I can get my network stable enough to make it practical -- at
present
> > everything's being reinstalled and/or upgraded.
>
> Aha!  Can you try running the test suite from 2.2c1 on a recent-ish
> cygwin?
>
> I'd like to include some more up to date information in the README --
> currently all it says is "we don't know the current state of play wrt
> cygwin on 95/98/Me."
>
> This applies to anyone else who has access to the relavent software
> too, of course.
>
> Cheers,
> M.

Haven't downloaded candidate 1 yet, but I'll try to do so in the next few
hours and give it a try on Windows 98. I presume you won't mind about the
2.2-specific feature tests failing ... I refreshed my Cygwin installation
yesterday (if only Python packages installed so easily!) so I hope this will
be recent enough.

regards
 Steve
--