Python beginner: Downloading a pdf file from a web server on VMS.

DoggyKennel martin.kuchlmayr at abri.une.edu.au
Thu Dec 13 22:10:41 EST 2001

I wrote:

> ... blah ... blah ... blah ...

>am hoping that if a "http" class as I have described above exists and
that should read "that a 'http'..." not "that *if* a 'http'...".

> ... blah ... blah ... blah ...

>Does anyone know of good overview of Python - things like what it can
>do. If everything can be compiled. How portable it is?

I should have pointed out that I am interested in popular libraries,
compilers and other stuff beyond the language itself. Mainly in things
that might be considered and are likley to remain around as long as
python is and be ported to most ports of python.

I just found the postings on python books. These may be helpfull but
am currently deciding whether to commit to python and wouldn't really
want to buy a book until I have committed.