Newbie: searching an English dictionary for a reg exp

^^@++ ballsacks at xtra.co.enzed
Mon Dec 3 00:23:32 EST 2001

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:54:24 -0800, "Eugene" <import binascii; print
binascii.a2b_base64('ZXVnZW5lQGlzb21lZGlhLmNvbQ==')> wrote:

>I see a couple problems.  First, the regular expression you're using,
>"abas?", actually means "match 'aba' with zero or one occurances of 's'
>after it."  If you mean "match 'abas' with precisely one occurance of any
>character after it," you want "aba." [sic].

Oops, typo. Thanks a lot for your help Eugene, it works now.
Now all I need is a .txt file containing every English word... I'm
searching now - anyone?

Hmm, I just found web2 at
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/doc/dictionaries/English/Webster

which looks like what I'm after, except being Webster's it'll no doubt
be American spelling - I'm after British or New Zealand English...

-Matt