PythonCard, ease of use, and the GUI problem/opportunity/niche

Nahuel Greco ngreco at softhome.net
Sat Dec 29 12:21:47 EST 2001

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 06:24:44 GMT
Ron Stephens <rdsteph at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Bingo! Boy, oh, boy, do I agree with you on this. I think you hit the nail
> right on the head.
>
> Building a gui now using Python, compared to using VB, really sucks. Yes, it's
> that bad.

Maybe in the future you will be building GUI's with GNUStep Project Center
and Gorm ( http://www.gnustep.it/pierre-yves/index.html ), and using PyObjC
(python.sourceforge.net), that will rock. But for now, you can build GUI's with
glade and use them in your program.

- Nahuel Greco                 Web Development - Open Source -
- http://www.codelarvs.com.ar  Game Programming - Research   -
- Freelance coding / sysadmin  Networking. The answer is 42. -