urllib2/httplib Problems: Any idea?

A. Keyton Weissinger keyton at weissinger.org
Tue Dec 11 21:12:48 EST 2001

Greetings,

I have a large application service provider application (web/browser-based).
I am attempting to write a simple script that will log into the application
and initialize. This basically requires a login script, capturing the cookie
(using WebLogic) and then (sending back the cookie) calling five JSPs in a
row that return XML (some quite long). This process is repeated for about
100 sites (so approximately 600 JSP calls total).

Well I've tried this both with httplib and with urllib2. They work. The
cookie is being sent, etc. etc. But here's the problem:

If I am at work, it will simply stop at some random point (typically after
20-30 of these sets) and hang. No error. Nothing. It just doesn't come back
from the urlopen() call.

I do it at work and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Keyton