Python CPAN beta test

Walter Moreira wall at adinet.com.uy
Mon Dec 17 08:39:30 EST 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 12:45:04AM +0000, Suchandra Thapa wrote:
>     I've gotten ciphon to the point where I tihnk it's ready for beta
> testing and am looking for people willing to help test it.  Currently
> ciphon has readline support, dependency handling, automatic updates
> of server and package lists and a few other things.  There are
> currently 5 packages in the repository (wxpython, pygresql, numeric,
> pil, and egenix-mx-base) but I'll be adding more.

Great! I have downloaded ciphon 0.3.1 and when executed it says:

hedwig:/usr/local/src/ciphon-0.3.1$ ./ciphon.py
Use rpms for installation [N/y]?
Update package and server list on startup [Y/n]?
Force updates[N/y]?
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./ciphon.py", line 118, in ?
    if config.getConfig().getParameter('autoupdate') == 'true':
  File "./config.py", line 266, in getConfig
    config = Configuration()
  File "./config.py", line 85, in __init__
    serverParser)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/xml/sax/__init__.py", line 30, in parse
    parser = make_parser()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/xml/sax/__init__.py", line 88, in make_parser
    raise SAXReaderNotAvailable("No parsers found", None)
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found

The same exceptions is raised if I call make_parser() from the interpreter. Is
there something missing in my installation?

Thanks, and keep the good work.
Walter