11-15 new Python Books on the way! (fwd)

Jon Schull schull at digitalgoods.com
Sat Dec 8 20:25:08 EST 2001

I'm pleased to hear of a specifically-Jython book.

As a python programmer interested in accessing java libraries, and as
a NON
-java programmer I’m “shocked and amazed” at the
Byzantine nature of java documentation, and code.

Has anyone written a “guide to jython for non-java
programmers?”.

Or might one of the java bean programming environments offer a good
“entry way?”

Or  is it hopeless  to suppose that one could learn to use java
libraries, frameworks and beans without learning to read and write
java?