numerical packages for 1.5.2?

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Fri Dec 7 23:25:15 EST 2001

Hey Mark,

You might be able to get SciPy working for 1.52, but I haven't tried.  I
expect it would require some effort and multiple changes.  It should be
possible though.

The array comparison stuff like a < b, etc.  was added to Numeric when
Python got rich comparisons (either 2.0 or 2.1...), so they will give
exceptions in 1.52.

I don't think there is an easy solution here.  All the SciPy development is
going on with versions 2.1 and on.  Are there a ton of people needing 1.52
support?  If it's extremely popular, we could accept patches to the current
version of SciPy that fix the incapatibilities.  I think it might be easier
to just upgrade the 10 machines though... :)

eric

news:yj1vgfi3hwd.fsf at coral.phys.uvic.ca...