clearity of exposition

John Thingstad john.thingstad at chello.no
Mon Dec 10 15:00:39 EST 2001

Python is often explained as a beginners language.
Though it is good for learing peaple to program it also has potential for proffesional programmers.
Me I've worked  with C++ programming professionally for 6 years. (worked the language for 10)
I find the programms I wrote in C++ for my 386  can be written in python on my 686 with approx equal speed.
Since the 386 code was fas enough so is the newer python code on my faster machine.
The real speed penalties happen in the windows interface, but most ofthe core code is written in C anyhow.
In mathemathics we are awarded simplicity and cleary of exposition.
I think the same should be true of programming.
So now I mostly program in python.
My new logic lanuage is closing on completion. (formula.sourceforge.net)
It was a pleasure to write to read and is a pleasure to read.

Enjoy
John