Unsung Python modules

Scherer, Bill Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Fri Dec 14 11:43:50 EST 2001

On 14 Dec 2001, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> There are some Python modules that deserve to be more widely known
> outside of the Python community, because they're such handy
> timesavers.  My list of modules that don't get enough publicity would
> include:

<snip>

> * Reportlab, for generating PDF files: I can't believe that people
>   would wrestle C code for pdflib when they could just write Python
>   code.

I just started using Reportlab. It's absolutley fantastic.  My
project manager was astounded by the report quality; he said "I
can't believe Python can produce a report that looks that good."

<snip>
> What's your favorite unsung module?

Queue, and Pyxie.  Queue is so handy for many tasks when
multithreaded.  Pyxie is the easiest way I've yet found to deal
with xml, both parsing and generating.

--
Bill.Scherer at Verizon Wireless
RHCE 807101044903581